Your business credit score can be complicated. There are multiple different reports, published by different agencies. These reports cover all sorts of information:
- How many lenders do your business work with?
- How much does your business owe, and to whom?
- Have you been paying your business loans back?
- Have you been paying your business loans back on time, every time?
- How to get business funding with no credit?
- Does your business have any bankruptcies?
- Does your business have any liens?
…and the list goes on. There are also many indicators provided based on proprietary formulas, meaning that the calculation is not fully transparent. As a result, these reports can be overwhelming.
Steps to Improving Your Business Credit Score
As a small or medium-sized business executive, you may not have the time to fully dissect every part of these reports. You simply want to know how you can improve your business credit score right away so that you can get access to the opportunities that your business needs in order to grow.
When in doubt, maintaining a healthy credit history is the best thing that you can do to improve your business credit score. There are lots of ways to improve your credit history.
One of the most powerful ways to improve your credit history is by taking out a new loan. How does this help?
- New loans increase the total amount of credit that your business has access to, which is positively factored into your credit score.
- New loans give you a chance to prove that your business can make timely payments. Here is where it is important to make sure that your business acts in a financially responsible way. If you cannot make the payments on time, taking out a new loan will definitely not help.
- New loans decrease your Credit Utilization Ratio. A decreased Credit Utilization Ratio will positively factor into your credit score. This ratio shows how much of your credit lines you are currently utilizing, so it will only improve if you limit how much you actually use the new credit line.
Understanding why opening a new credit line is important to your business credit score is only half the battle. Now you have to actually open a new credit line – and there are many different products out there. It is another time-consuming process trying to figure out which products are good quality and also match your credit profile.
CreditPush can help you with this. As a CreditPush member, we constantly monitor your credit situation and make suggestions to help you improve it. We also provide access to a wide range of personalized credit products which fit your needs and profile. Analyze business income and expenses, so you do not have to spend your time doing all of the grunt work, and can enjoy all of the benefits of an improved credit score and increased access to funds.
Sound like a win? The first 1000 beta testers of CreditPush will have free access to all beta features for life! Become a beta tester.