As a result, healthcare research regarding pain management continues to evolve. Every year we learn more about how our bodies respond to pain and effective ways to treat it. When you search the web for the term chronic pain, you will find a plethora of treatment options, from local injectables, steroids to Diclofenac painkiller sprays, NSAIDs, and other opioid-based medications with a varied range of efficacy. But the question is, what are the long-term implications of using these drugs?
With mounting evidence surrounding the unpleasant side effects of these drugs, there is reasonable doubt about the efficacy and longevity of chemical-based medication as a tool for long-term pain management. Hence, the recent approach towards pain care is multimodal, which means using not one or two but as many forms of treatment as required to provide pain relief and improve a person’s quality of life. Multimodal therapy is focused more on natural painkiller methods to manage chronic pain custom-tailored to individual needs rather than relying on a single approach to resolve pain-related issues.
Multimodal Therapy: Exploring a Little Further
Multimodal therapy aims to deliver personalized, coordinated, and holistic pain care. It is a sustainable approach that works by minimizing pain as much as possible while empowering people to live well with chronic pain. It shifts the focus from a one-dimensional chemical drug-based approach to adopting multi-layered pain intervention techniques. For instance, opting physical therapy, self-management techniques, pain relief through natural pain relief gels or sprays, embracing natural painkiller methods, and participating in emotional support groups.
Multimodal pain therapy includes:
- Developing nutritional goals: Although this is not focused on weight loss, it involves eating a healthy diet, increasing calcium and vitamin D intake, embracing natural painkiller methods, and leading a chemical-free healthy lifestyle to manage pain effectively.
- Physical therapy: The treatment plan includes specific exercise programs tailored to the needs and capabilities of the person. Physical therapy is helpful for people with chronic pain as it reduces joint/muscle stiffness and improves flexibility and range of motion.
- Mental health support: Long-term pain has dire consequences on mental health. Depression due to loss of confidence is a common occurrence. Participating in mental health support groups motivates people to overcome emotional barriers and develop healthy habits.
- Self-management: Who knows your body better than you? Well, no one. Self-management allows people to take charge of their health through self-help resources that provide tools to manage chronic pain. These may be through pacing activities, sleep management, positive thinking, and relaxation techniques. So, the next time you think of applying some chemical painkiller spray for instant relief, try these alternative natural painkiller methods to manage discomfort, improve function, and boost overall health.
Creating a Multimodal Therapy Plan for Chronic Pain Management
As already discussed, multimodal therapy gives you the power to decide on your personal recovery goals and treatment choices to manage chronic pain. So how to build an effective multimodal treatment plan? Let’s look into the steps below:
- Gain access to the right information: Gain information on OTC pain medicine use like pain killer sprays or body pain killer tablets that have unwanted side effects even when used in the right frequency and dosage. Make informed choices aligned with natural and holistic pain care to lead a healthy, pain-free life.
2. Define personal goals: It is necessary to assess and define the long-term goals you are trying to achieve in your pain management journey. Decide whether you are trying to gain more flexibility, reduce joint stiffness or alleviate pain and then personalize a treatment plan according to your recovery goals.
3. Explore treatment options: As multimodal therapy offers a range of treatment choices, it is necessary to narrow down your options according to your goals. For instance, if you are trying to reduce joint stiffness, physical therapy/occupational/massage therapies may be ideal for improving flexibility and range of motion. Whereas for effective relief from joint pain, treatment with a natural pain relief gel is a good option.
R3SET Pain Management Solutions: Supporting Multimodal Pain Care Goals
R3SET aims to relieve body pain with herbal nano-tech-based painkiller sprays, gels, emulsions, and tablets to provide long-term healing solutions. We believe “bravery through pain, is not really bravery”. So, if you are battling chronic pain, do not suffer in silence. Take our self-assessment test now and let our experts curate personalized pain care solutions to provide you with a way out of the pain, and a path forward.