You can run into the QuickBooks error 15311 while installing the QuickBooks Desktop software. When users are unable to refresh QuickBooks, this error commonly arises. The QuickBooks update error 15311 error may appear while QB-related software is running in the background. It also shows up when Windows is starting up or shutting down, or when installing the QuickBooks accounting program.
What causes QuickBooks Error 15311 to occur?
There are a number of causes for the QuickBooks Payroll update error 15311, some of which are listed below:
- You installed a QuickBooks file that was damaged.
- Your PC may be infected with viruses.
- There are errors in the Windows registry.
- Either the QuickBooks installation isn’t complete, or the QuickBooks files are missing.
- QuickBooks Desktop has been rendered inoperable by security software from a third party that has identified it as a threat.
- Windows firewalls may potentially interfere with QuickBooks for security-related reasons.
Methods to Resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311
There are numerous factors that could cause Error 15311. There are, however, a number of other ways to fix this problem. All the methods you’ll need to use to permanently fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311 are included in this section.
Method 1: Setting the Digital Signature Certificate
Use the steps listed below to install the digital signature certificate:
- Use the following path to access the QuickBooks installation directory in Windows File Manager:
Program Files (x86)/Intuit/QuickBooks, Folder C
- Select Properties from the context menu when you’ve located the QBW32.exe file.
- After that, select Details from the Digital Signature page, then View Certificate.
- Click the General tab and then choose Install Certificate.
- You’ll see the Certificate Import Wizard window on your screen.
- Verify that the Current User section there shows the Store Location.
- Now, install a certificate.
- Next, choose Next and then Finish.
- Finally, click OK after you see the message Import was Successful.
- If the error still occurs, move on to the following technique.
Method 2: Running Reboot.bat
To re-register the QuickBooks files, you can run the Reboot.bat program. Follow these steps to run this file:
- First, shut down the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- From the QuickBooks icon’s right-click menu, choose Properties.
- Select the Open File Location option to navigate to the QuickBooks installation location.
- Right-click the Reboot.bat file that you found.
- Enter your administrator credentials after choosing Run as Administrator.
- Wait until all QuickBooks files have been successfully reregistered by the Reboot file.
- After that, a black command prompt window will automatically open and close.
- Lastly, attempt updating QuickBooks Desktop once more to determine whether QuickBooks Error 15311 is still present.
- After putting Folder into the Taskbar search box, click Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Under Advanced Settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- To finish, press OK.
Method 3: Enter the Correct Payroll Service Key
The QuickBooks payroll Update Error 15311 may be brought on by entering an incorrect payroll service key. Therefore, be careful to use the right Service key. Observe the instructions below:
- Open the QuickBooks application and click the Employees menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose My Payroll Service and then Manage Service Keys.
- Next, choose Edit and confirm that the key is correct once more.
- Next, choose Next and then Finish.
- Finally, restart your computer and try downloading the updates once more.
Method 4: Reset QuickBooks Desktop Updates
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop Help menu. Choose QuickBooks Update.
- On the Update Now page, tick the Reset the Updates box.
- To obtain the latest version of the application, click Get Updates.
- After the updates have been installed, QuickBooks should be closed and then opened again.
- Return to the QuickBooks Update box once more, then choose Install Now.
- Verify the fix for the error. Continue to the next method if the annoyance doesn’t go away.
Method 5: Check if the Internet Explorer Settings Are Correct
Make sure your Internet Explorer’s settings are right by checking them. By using the steps listed below, you can accomplish the same thing:
- Initially, make sure Internet Explorer is set up as your default browser.
- Next, verify that the date and time are accurate by checking the taskbar’s date and time option twice.
- Verify that you select the appropriate time zone.
- Verify the strength of the encryption.
- Use the Alt key to access the menu bar, then select properties from the file menu.
- Look up the number under connection and then bit connection to find it. Go to tools, then Internet options, and then alter the settings.
- After that, remove all temporary files. choose connections from the drop-down menu after that.
Ending this article on a supportive note, we hope that the walk though offered in this article helped you in fixing QuickBooks Payroll update Error 15311. For further assistance, you should call our certified QuickBooks error support experts at +1-800-615-2347.