If you’re looking to start your own business, starting small could be the best option. Small businesses are great because they’re easier to manage and less expensive to run, but that doesn’t mean they won’t bring in revenue right off the bat. This list of 5 profitable small business ideas gives you some good starting points to consider and shows why each one will work well as a full- or part-time income earner for any entrepreneur who wants to get into the game!
1) Invest in an online shop
If you’re looking to start a small business and make it profitable, we recommend starting an online shop. Online shopping has overtaken brick-and-mortar stores, with about 74% of shoppers using smartphones to make purchases. This means there’s an opportunity for you to tap into the growing market by starting an online store. What’s more, 85% of consumers say they feel positive when they purchase from small businesses like yours. With an online shop, you can reach more people around the world and build your brand as well as engage in a meaningful way with your customers. In addition to giving them access to your products at any time they want, you’ll be able to provide them with customer service 24/7 without the cost of having employees on hand.
2) Open a clothes store
Opening a clothing store is not just about buying the right clothes. It’s also about getting the right location and making sure you have all the necessary supplies. Opening your own clothing store requires some investment and risk, but it can be profitable if done right. When considering opening your own clothing store, there are many things you’ll need to consider. There are 4 tips you can follow to start:
1) Start by deciding what kind of retail experience you want to provide – will your shop cater to children or adults? What style of clothes? What price range?
2) Decide on an appropriate location – do you want to be in an urban area where there’s plenty of foot traffic or in a suburban shopping mall? Do you want to focus on selling high-end designer items or more affordable styles? If you’re in an urban area, make sure your storefront is visible from the street so people know they’ve found their destination.
3) Decide how much money you’ll need – Determine how much money you’ll need upfront as well as how much cash flow per month will be required to meet costs and pay off loans. Consider how long it might take for profits to start coming in (which could depend on whether the store is successful).
4) Figure out staffing needs – Do you plan to hire part-time employees who work during business hours only? Or would you prefer full-time employees with benefits packages?
3) Start your own fashion blog
For aspiring fashionista who wants to share their style with the world, starting your own blog is a great way to showcase your knowledge and get paid. Not only will you be able to make money through advertising or affiliate marketing, but you’ll also have built up a following of people looking out for your new clothes and where to find them.
4) Open up an office cleaning service
If you’re looking to make some good money in 2022, then opening up an office cleaning service could be the perfect opportunity. With more and more businesses being founded every day, there’s never been a better time to start up this small business idea. It’s low-risk, requires minimal training and startup costs, and can be done with as little as one employee.
5) Sell homemade baked goods (or food items in general)
If you have a background in cooking and enjoy sharing your creations, starting your own business as a baker or cook can be an excellent small business ideas. Start small and make sure to check with your local government to see if you need any permits or licenses before selling food commercially.
Start by making three different types of cookies: one sugar cookie, one chocolate chip cookie, and one peanut butter cookie. Once you’ve perfected the recipes, start increasing the batches. You can sell these from your home, at farmers’ markets, or on social media sites like Etsy. Some other ideas for homemade baked goods are cupcakes, muffins, pies and cakes.
6) Waste Collection Service
A Waste Collection Service is a great small business ideas for entrepreneurs who are environmentally friendly, want to be part of the green movement, or just want to start their own small business. Running your own waste collection service means you’ll be in charge of the pickup and disposal of garbage. This is an easy way to make money because there will always be someone with too much trash they need taken care of.
7) Event Decorator
Event decorating is a great small business ideas to start if you’re looking for an easy and profitable way to work from home. Event decorators create the ambience of any event, working with their clients beforehand to tailor the event’s look and feel. It can be as simple as transforming your living room into an elegant ballroom or as elaborate as creating themed décor based on your client’s preferences. With this business idea, there are no limits to what you can do!